- And much more from Ireland's financial services publication
The Five Broad Areas from which the Award Categories for 2021 will be chosen are as follows:
1. Mergers & Acquisitions; 2. Debt Capital Markets; 3. Equity Capital Markets; 4. Loans & Financing (Ireland); 5. Financial Services (Ireland and International) & Financial Services - Aviation Finance.
- Irish aircraft leasing executive's plight.
The continued detention of Richard O'Halloran, an Irish leasing company executive by a Chinese Court has been raised by Irish politicians. The detained executive's lawyer, David Maughan, speaks to Finance Dublin.
- Details of all the Deals of the year Nominations - 195 Deals are nominated for the 2021 Finance Dublin Deals of the Year Awards. This was an increase on the previous year, with Covid-19 effects shaken off by the final quarter of the year as Ireland's dealmakers adjusted to the realities of corporate finance under pandemic conditions.
- Finance for Ireland Action Plan 2021 Government strategy incorporates new objectives, including actions on tax treaty issues, Covid-19 recovery and Brexit.
- Corporation Tax The Corporation Tax 'Roadmap Update'; published last month is welcomed as a coherent strategic plan for the future defence of a vital pillar of the Irish economy.
- Ireland's Tax Treaties Although, at 74 treaties with other countries, Ireland has an extensive tax treaty network it could sign up more. The new Finance for Ireland Government Action Plan has set its expansion as a new objective in 2021.
- The Finance Dublin Glossary - Irish Schemes of Arrangement ; 'Cashbox' structures in corporate finance; Ireland's 12.5% corporation tax rate - the 'lodestar' rate for international tax competitiveness
- Interview: the Minister of State responsible for Financial Services, Sean Fleming TD on his priorities, and how he sees the evolution of the Government's Ireland for Finance strategy. Update; 11th February 2021: The Minister publishes the Ireland for Finance Action Plan 2021
- Update: The opportunities for Ireland as a common law centre after Brexit. Chief Justice Mr Frank Clarke speaks in New York State Bar Association webinar about the benefits of Irish common law for commercial law resolutions at an Ireland for Law event introduced by its chair, former Taoiseach John Bruton.
- The passing of the Investment Limited Partnership Act, effective February 1st 2021: - the possibilities to facilitate business development in capital markets and asset management;
- The Green and ESG agendas in Insurance: overview by James Maher of EY; - A big year beckons on the corporation tax front, with the BEPS process set to unfold further; - Insurance Action Plan of the Government published in December;
- The Finance Dublin Glossary - Andrew Bailey's take on 'Equivalence'; 'Nexus' and BEPS; Central Banks and Supervisors for 'Greening the Financial System'.
- Investment Funds Special Report 2021: attention shifts in the funds industry to that will be an intriguing year; recovery in markets and indeed long dormant asset classes is spurring interest in yield, prompting asset managers to ask how access to difficult and formerly inaccessible asset classes can be unlocked;
- The first edition of the new quarterly Finance Dublin Funds Monitor - which features the insights of our Roundtable of leading thought leaders in the Asset Management and Investment Funds industry;
- Cyber attacks warning for IFS sector - the Central Bank has voiced its concerns;
- Passage of the Investment Limited Partnerships Bill through the Dail was prioritised in the Government's IFS Action Plan;
- The Finance Dublin Irish Tax Monitor - Bumper issue! Ghosts of times past... the complex range of actionable tax planning decisions facing multinational corporations operating from an Irish base are starkly evident in the Questions addressed by the December Tax Roundtable.
- In the Dillon Eustace Regulatory Investigations Quarterly Update ; Muireann Reedy take a forensic look at cyber security issues affecting the funds industry and indeed all financial services firms. There are reputational issues at stake, she says.
- Glossary: Finance Dublin's take on key words and the concepts behind them appearing in this edition, including bitcoin's value, systemic fragility, Ireland's cyber security system, Birthday honours, and America's 'GILTI' strategy.